- Job Title
- Hardware Engineer
- Job ID
- BUSTO ARSIZIO, VA
- Other Location
Siamo alla ricerca, per conto di un’azienda che produce componenti per apparecchi domestici in forte crescita, di un HW Engineer
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Senior HW Engineer position within our Electronics R&D Division, located in Busto Arsizio, Italy.
The candidate will join a R&D team focused on innovative cooking technologies and will be responsible for the Research and development of Electronic Control Boards for Induction Cooking applications.
The candidate will work closely with multi-disciplinary groups including System Design, Firmware, Hardware and Mechanical Engineering, Reliability and Operations, to drive key aspects of the Hardware development of innovative consumer electronics products.
Besides Hardware design, the ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of EMI/EMC standards, analogue electronics, power electronics and microprocessor architecture.
In this role, the candidate will:
- Define the Hardware architecture and topology of the Induction Control Boards
- Design the hardware, all the way from schematic level to layout
- Define the requirements of the critical electronic devices (IGBTs, gate drivers, magnetic components)
- Design custom components (mainly magnetics) when no off-the-shelf devices are available
- Work closely with the FW designer and System Engineers to ensure that the devices stresses are kept within control by the control system.
- ensure scalability to mass production of selected HW architecture.
- Manage BOM with utmost accuracy and ensure cost and quality targets are met.
- Support technology transfer from development phase into mass production
- Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues
- Participate in design reviews
- Address all aspects of technology readiness, including manufacturability and testing.
Key responsibility: be accountable for HW architectures supporting Advanced Development projects, from Proof Of Concept up to final mass production.
Competence Requirements (Hard Skills)
- Bachelor, Master degree or PhD in Electronic Engineering
- specialization in Power Electronics would be a plus
- At least 4 years Experience in the development of Microcontroller based Control Boards. Preferably in the white goods or consumer electronics industries
- Hard skills:
- Hardware Design
- Embedded systems
- Power Electronics
- Magnetic components design (transformers, Inductors, CMC
- Circuit Simulation (PSPICE, LTSPICE, PLEX), including advanced analysis (Sensitivity, Monte Carlo)
- Analogue Electronics
- Embedded Controls
- FMEA of electronic systems
- PCB Layouting
- Ability to work in team
- Result oriented
- Creative, problem solving mindset
- Willingness to take on new and challenging tasks
- Strong analytical skills, experience in solving practical issues and engaging cross-functional teams of multiple process partners to a consensus
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines; handle multiple tasks
- Self-driven and motivated
- Quick learner
- Critical Thinker
- Optional appreciated competences:
- Basics of Project Management (GANTT, Agile methodology)
- People and/or project leadership experience
- Fluent Italian and English languages
- Required Skills
Bachelor degree in electronic engineering
Experience in development of microcontroller based control boards
- hardware design
- embedded system
- power electronics
Option 1: Create a New Profile